"Right from the beginning, WLAN-Partner was committed to our needs and implemented the optimal solution for us. WLAN-Partner has internalized the specific requirements of public transportation companies and provides a stable high-availability solution". Urs Siegenthaler, IT Manager, Jungfrau Railway Group
REQUIREMENTS: In course of the new procurement of its rolling stock, Jungfrau Railway was looking for a flexible communication platform which had to fulfill the following requirements:
- Ensuring the communication of all in-train systems to the outside
- Provisioning IP-connectivity to customer information systems (CIS)
- Wireless connectivity to cameras placed in difficult Environments (e.g. curves) or railway stations
- WLAN connection in rail Depots
- Central, simplified Management and configuration of the vehicle router
WLAN-PARTNER SOLUTION: Coupled with the Fleet Communication Manager of CloudGuard, Jungfrau Railway is in a position to manage all their mobile routers in a straightforward way. Current locations as well as statuses are retrievable at any time. The communication between the mobile router and the redundant central VPN end points are transmitted encrypted by means of IPSec. The mobile environment is fully taken into account by MobIKE. With this unique set-up, stability and fast train connections can be guaranteed for utmost convenience. Individual requirements and needs of the different trains and train compositions and a smooth, secure integration into the overall solution could be fully met.